8 June 2011


this is a top i will never part with, i find it goes with absolutely everything, whether it actually does is a different matter. its super soft and has an oversize quality that if you really wanted could pass a dress, or just wear with leggings (though i'm not really a leggings wearer) its by illustrated people, which i bought at topshop a couple of years ago.
 

as i had started sixth form last september, it was a real step up from school, and i became lazy with blog and found i could only concentrate on work. as silly as it sounds it was also very strange not having to wear a uniform everyday and i found it important to dress myself in the morning, in a way that would express me, while keeping essential everyday wears. the doc martens were my "back to school" perchase. i had wanted a pair for so long, as they are classic boots and got me through the winter months!



the backpack was another thing i had be longer for, though everywhere i looked no-one sold them, unless i wanted to look like boy. i came upon this backpack on urbanoutfitters website on sale for half price, and likened it to a similarity to a chanel backpack, with the quilted fabric and gold details. though the straps weren't quite strong enough for my books, i had them re attatched with stronger leather for a small price and its now better than ever!


my friend had bought me this amythist necklace as a christmas present, and i attatched my opal elephant and a sterling silver twisted ring also onto the chain. the belt is actually my mom's belt from when she used to work at the bank as you can see from the logo.

 

wearing rimmel black nail varnish, and revlon 'pink pout' which is a beautiful light pink shade.



i spent alot of the day reading 'one day' by david nicholls, which i am really enjoying, i have just got to the second section and there was this quote, which i really liked.

10 comments:

  1. I love your outfit- the docs go so well and the skirt has such a lovely print! I've never been a fan of rucksacks but I'd make an exception for this one! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable outfit, the backpack is great. I read 'One Day' a while ago, it's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving ur doc's and necklace!
    I loved the part with Syrena and Philippe too, I'm such a sucker for romance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutest skirt and really like your necklace..
    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so adorable! Love that backpack, i'm also obsessed with the chanel one. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this outfit! that skirt is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit! I'm starting sixth form in September and it'll be so weird not wearing a uniform everyday so I'll be off shopping for plenty of clothes in August haha!

    http://rebeccaarmstrongx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful outfit!! i adore your bag and skirt <3 and lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this outfit! It reminds me I really need some kick ass boots!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete