2 June 2010

London happenings.

Yesterday I went to London with my mom for a day trip. I love going to London I always feel a certain buzz when I'm there and I had a wonderful day yesterday. We went for out usual drinks and food at the Tate Modern Cafe, sadly it was a pretty miserable day weather wise but i suddenly got excited when I found out we were allowed to take photos in the art rooms. Which is unusual as normally in England you aren't allowed to take photos, so I took millions! I normally go to London every couple months, however this time we didn't go to see a specific exhibition. But it was great to just wonder around the different gallery rooms some of the photography was amazing and there was some real great pieces by Jackson Pollock, Claude Monet, Robert Rauschenburg and Andy Warhol and Gerhard Richter (which i shall do a separate post about). We also then went to the Victoria and Albert museum to see the Fashion section. There were some great pieces like some YSL, Ossie Clark, Rei Kawakubo, Chanel, Madeleine Vionnet and there was also an Alexander McQueen piece from his spring/summer 2010 collection. It was so strange to see a piece like that, the graphic print intwined into the dress and also this truely fashion forward/futuristic piece surrounding with all the remembrance of past dress times. The sheer skill was shown by how the pattern was used and by knowing how it was to be assembled in just the right places was just amazing to see.

See here, here, here and here for other London trips.
I wore my republic jacket, autograph swing cardigan, topshop dress, topshop sandals, accessorize ring.

19 comments:

  1. This looks like such an amazing day. Sounds like your mom and you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! I wish I could visit London. It looks like such a cool place so go.

    I love your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so cute! And I am so jealous I would love to just go to Europe, I've never left the America ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some great pictures there, i love london but im normally scratting round in some old vintage shop haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures! Everything looks amazing! And your coffee/chocolate looks so yummy!!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a great time! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LDN! And beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pictures, you look like audrey hepburn in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the V&A!! You should check out the Saatchi gallery next time, it's really cool there (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pictures ! I love London !
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. im so jealous! oh i wish i was there too
    your so lucky
    you look awesome love the jacket and all this photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the V&A may possibly be my favourite museum/gallery in the whole world

    and yummy looking hot chocolate!

    sounds like a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like an amazing day with amazing photos to prove it!
    ohh i'm so jealous :o
    + you look gorgeous lovely!
    killer leather & love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love everything about london x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that city, and your photos!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! Great pictures, that coffee looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving Alexander Mcqueen's dress!
    Nice pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos! Fantastic jacket! I love art museums...I have yet to get to London, it's on the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete