29 January 2010

more elephants?

So iv just been watching re runs of charmed (my inner nerd decided to challenge herself to watch every single episode and I'm up to season 5 :/) and I've been racking my brain to decide what to wear for a party tomorrow night. No such luck. Even though i always get told i have million amounts of clothes in my wardrobe and i have no excuse to say 'i don't have anything to wear'. Its probably best that i don't plan it and wear something thrown together and random, always seems to work best.
As for the rest of my day its been mainly arts based. However i also decided that today was my 'find lost things day' as i thought i had lost my favourite necklace a couple of days ago, only to find it in my bag wedged in a corner. Also i found the main thing that i have been looking for, for like 3 weeks I'm not even joking. My textiles folder WAS FOUND. So all of my worries, well about textiles anyways can be cleared and i can do alot of sewing this weekend. Anyway i found this great illustrator while i was searching for inspiration see what you think:


The illustrator is Erin Petson, her artwork has featured in many well known places and things such as more recently Vogue Nippon and Japanese Dazed & Confused. I love the colour palette she uses along with the thick texture of the paint, however counter balanced with the delicate skill of drawing.
P.S i love how crazy are the elephants and zebras in the picture i think it really makes the picture, not just like an ordinary fashion illustration its something that has quirkiness to it or makes you look twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment