17 February 2010

whoa.

How I love Marc Jacobs and Rodarte fall 2010 collections, also I love how Marc Jacobs banned celebrities from attending his show as he thinks the celebrity culture is boring, it made my day and also made me laugh. The Brit awards were last night and i absolutely fell in love with Lady Gaga's lace mask inspired by Marie Antoinette, mainly because I'm digging lace at the moment even it is an recurring 'trend' (did i just say digging?!), she made me smile how she made a tribute her to Alexander Mcqueen. I seem to have had so much spare time lately and I'm just researching lots, and not into the actual things i need to, like my new art project and academic things but ahh wells. Anyways, i managed to do two outfits today, i wanted to do three but my camera's battery decided to die on me. Also it was raining outside, and then for some unknown freakish reason it started snowing. So my photos are in my room and they aren't that great, but they do the job, i really want to start doing some proper photography shoots soon, but hard to fine great places to do them. I'm also not quite sure why I'm not smiling, i seem quite miserable, so i am sorry, I'm just really tired I NEED SLEEP.


Wearing Marks and Spencers white shirt, Urban Outfitters skirt, vintage Wrangler denim jacket, and Topshop sandals. Second outfit - vintage trench and dress, H&M tights, Topshop sandals.

Now to fashion week, only a quick thought as so many fashion blogs cover them in entirety, here are the main two that caught my eye which were Marc Jacobs and Rodarte.
Marc Jacobs, ankle dresses, socks, sling back shoes, fur coats, in nude/pastel shades. All romantic with a nostalgic almost country feel.

I loved the dreamlike quality of the Rodarte designs, with the quirky patch worked beautiful endless layers of florals mixed with delicate lace leggings. The main thing that struck me was the lightless and how it ended with the almost ghostly but amazingly inspiring delicate white dresses, but for some reason they also give off a quite rough edge, i think mainly from the way the fabrics are draped and the texture. I'm also loving the polka dots on the skirt.

1 comment: